Sunday, September 14, 2008
Your view of God and His love
What is your view of God? This is something I have been thinking about a lot lately? My view of Him over the years has really been distorted, I believe. Tonight, we had a women's class at church and my pastor's wife was talking about our view of God. In order to see ourselves properly, we must see God properly. When you do something wrong,do you feel His discipline? Do you also feel his love during these times or are you so focused on the correction and the guilt that you can't see his love. I think that I am having a hard time really seeing his love. But it is there, I know it. As a Mommy, I love my babies unconditionally. They could never do anything to change my love for them. When I discipline them it is because I love them, because I want what is best for them. Yet, my love for them is earthly, so uncomparable to God's love for me. To truly grasp His love for me , to see myself as He sees me and to show this same love to others are my greatest desires. I think maybe I have "blithered" a little in this post, but this is on my heart. I would love to read your comments about what I have shared. What is your view of God? Do you know that He loves you just in your head, or does it resound in you heart as well?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jaime, your comments made me think. What is my view of God and how would I describe it? I decided my thoughts wouldn't all fit in a comment, so I wrote my own post. Thanks for posing the question.
Post a Comment