Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Busy times

Hi! No I haven't fallen off the face of the earth! I have been extremely busy! Last weekend, we helped chaperone a youth outing at a cabin about 40 minutes from here. It was a beautiful little place, owned by the other chaperones parents. We arrived Fri. night and left Sun. morning in time to get to church. There were 4-wheelers to ride, a hot tub, a horse and hiking trails. It was rather eventful. Sat. morning the boys fixed breakfast. They were pretty much clueless in that area , so it was quite interesting. We then found a spot on the carpet where one of them had thrown up in the night and instead of telling anyone or cleaning it up, decided that their best option was to just cover it up with their sleeping bag....a very brilliant decision! Then the next night, I was almost asleep when I heard a puking sound coming from downstairs. I raced down and there again one of the kids had gotten sick and figured that puking on carpet is so much better then trying to get to the toilet. Once again I cleaned up the mess while they sat there watching me. By that time most of the other kids were up and all paranoid that they would get this puking disease. Thankfully, that didn't happen!
Sunday was very busy for us and then I worked almost all week last week and then got ready for a wedding I cooked for on Sat. Needless to say, I was close to crashing on Sat. night. This week is not so busy, except for catching up on all I didn't do last week. It has been very warm here, so I've been spending time outside with the girls in their little kid's pool. A good way to work on my tan!

1 comment:

Julie Schultz said...

Knowing you, your tan is probably already so gorgeous you don't need to work on it any more. I was wondering what happened to you, by the way. Glad to see it's been a fun busy.